I have a whole bunch of stuff to tell you. Some of it is bad. I know, geez. Anyways, I am not in the mood for another Mediocre News Bulletin so instead we have my favourite nut recipe.
“Nuts” has many different meanings. Most are good. Today, I am talking about the nuts you eat.
Oh, for crying out loud, you guys.
This post is dedicated to Hopeful and Hungry. If you are hopeful and/or hungry, I fully recommend reading her blog.
So anyways, this is my current fave thing to make. Technically, it’s my fave thing I make my husband make, but whatever.
1tsp maldon salt*
1/2tsp ground cinnamon
1/2tsp ground black pepper
1/4tsp cayenne pepper
125g mixed nuts (pecan, pistachio, walnut, brazil etc)
*normally I think stuff like this is shit, but I think in this instance maldon salt is better than standard salt.
1. Start with nuts. I recommend a rather expensive mixture of nuts for I feel this makes the final product better. I have never used cheap nuts. I don’t know what this means. Nuts:
2. Melt the sugar and spice mix in a heavy based saucepan. I have a feeling that Americans don’t use saucepans. What the hell do you cook in? Good job I took pictures. This is before the melting happened:
3. This is after:
4. You need to ignore that it looks like a sloppy turd and crack on. NOTE: in the meantime, I lightly grilled the nuts so they were cooked. No picture, sorry, I was busy.
5. Mix the grilled nuts and the sugar spice mixture together. It will look like this:
But you need to stir fast or it will burn. Sugar is HOT peoples. Stir a la this:
Yeah, fast yo.
6. Spread your goods out on a non stick tray and allow to cool (I usually eat a few inbetween but you have to be careful not to get burned… although if you do, it’s worth it. Yumz):
7. Serve and eat (I recommend with a cold glass of Sancerre or a nice Champagne cocktail, but I am well fancy; you can drink whatever you like. I’ve tested it with most beverages):
WARNING: these are the best snacks ever. Once you have mastered not burning the sugar or the nuts, you will not look back. Your waistline will not thank you, but your soul will.