I bet you didn’t think a pumpkin competition could get anymore exciting did you?
Well my friends, as usual you were wrong. Very wrong. There has been a lot of fighting talk already in the pumpkin competition build up, so we have renamed the tournament Pumpkin Smackdown. If you are on twitter, we also have a long and cumbersome hashtag #IFpumpkinsmackdown. I know, EXCITING HEY!!!
You had better hold onto your pants now friends, ‘cos it gets even better. Fellow blogger and general all-round legend Kiftsgate is sponsoring Pumpkin Smackdown with prizes!!! Oh yes. You can read more on her blog. You are now not only competing for glory and honour, but Magical Surprise Prizes sourced on Kiftsgate’s jolly to Japan. There are literally no words for how excited this has made FD and I.
Final piece of information you need to know if you are taking part is that there are two categories: Grand Winner of Pumpkin Smackdown 2013, and also Best Expression in Show. You will automatically be entered into both.
I imagine that I will spend the next 2 weeks devising some kind of elaborate scoring system that Immotile Turtle will ignore. I quite like Jenny’s suggestion that genitalia gets you bonus points. I am open to ideas, mainly ‘cos I have virtually none of my own.
There are no themes to Pumpkin Smackdown 2013. It can be infertility related or not, a happy pumpkin or an angry pumpkin, one pumpkin or a family of pumpkins. There is no rhyme or reason to it.
So ladies and gentlemen, Pumpkin Smackdown 2013 is afoot. Let the games begin!
A handy rules recap:
1. You have to carve a pumpkin/s. You can use a knife, or a drill or any power tool you see fit.
2. You have to either email me or tweet either myself (@barren_betty) or FD (@fertility_doll) with your final presentation, or post it on your blog and make us definitely aware of it so that you can be included in the final judging. I’m not saying we don’t both read all blogs all the time, but FD can sometimes be a bit lax.
3. All submissions must be submitted by 31st October, 5pm at my standard time.
4. They must be worse than mine or we aren’t friends anymore. I am very competitive.
5. The prize is glory and honour AND MAGICAL SURPRISE PRIZES ALL THE WAY FROM JAPAN!