Making you wait 3 days for a fert report is cruel. I tried my best to keep calm this weekend, but I didn’t do a particularly great job.
There were just too many possibilities and things to worry about. My main worry was that none would fertilise normally. During my last cycle I only had 1 fertilise out of 3 and the doctors were negative about my egg quality at my follow up appointment. After that worry cloud passed, I worried that there would be a low number of embryos and I would want 2 transferred on day 3 but the clinic would want to wait for day 5. I worried that since the egg quality looked dubious, the embryos would be abnormal or poor quality as well.
I turned my phone onto full volume and stared at it for an hour waiting for the call this morning. That was a mistake. I was so full of worry that I nearly had a heart attack when the bloody thing rang at full volume, cried, and made Mr B answer it.
The one thing I didn’t consider even for a nano second was that all 6 would fertilise normally.
Just to clarify, all 6 fertilised normally.
One of them has arrested so there are 5 left now, all graded good (they rate them 1:1 being worst and 4:4 being best and these are all 3:3 to 3:4). The cell numbers vary from 5-8. Since they all look similar, they want to wait until day 5 to see which one is best.
I never thought this would happen, but fingers crossed, we will have a blast to transfer on Wednesday.
I’m determined not to spend the next 2 days freaking out that they will all arrest before then. I’ve always wanted to transfer a blast, and now that is a real possibility. I guess there is even an outside chance of a frozen embryo still.
I’m celebrating now by eating a danish pastry.
I really hope my luck holds out for another couple of days and we get to have a transfer.
I lied about not freaking out just then. I’m still a bit of a worry factory.